The CISM training course
is designed to provide on-the-job skills, as well as knowledge to pass the Certified Information System Manager (CISM) certification exam.
This is advanced-level cybersecurity training to complete once the PenTest+, CySA+, and various higher-level certifications in Cisco and Microsoft have been completed.
The course instructor is Roger St Hilaire, with 30+ years of experience and CISM, CGEIT, MOF, TOGAF & PSP-Rainmaker Foundation Certifications.
The course will cover the following list of main areas, spanning the four domains of the CISM practice and the related tasks. The ITU Online Training CISM Exam Preparation Course Outline:
- Information Security Defined
- Information Security Principles
- Support the Business
- Defend the Business
- Promote Responsible Information Security Behavior
DOMAIN 1 – Information Security Governance
- Section One: Designing a Strategy and Governance Framework
- Section Two: Gaining Management Approval
- Section Three: Implementing the Security Strategy
DOMAIN 2 – Information Security Risk Management
- Section One: Risk Identification
- Section Two: Risk Analysis and Treatment
- Section Three: Risk Monitoring and Reporting
DOMAIN 3 – Information Security Program Development and Management
- Section One: Alignment and Resource Management
- Section Two: Standards Awareness and Training
- Section Three: Building Security into Processes and Practices
- Section Four: Security Monitoring and Reporting
DOMAIN 4 – Information Security Incident Management
- Section One: Planning and Integration
- Section Two: Readiness and Assessment
- Section Three Identification and Response
- Exam Techniques
ISACA Requirements for Certification:
- To facilitate the student’s understanding of ISACA’s approach to information security, and its related concepts such as risk.
- Develop an understanding of key practices in the governance, management of risk, program development, and incident management in the realm of information security.
- Ensure that the student is appropriately prepared for successful completion of the Certified Information Security Manager exam given by ISACA on the first attempt.
Key Learning Topics In This Course
- The understanding of requirements for the design and implementation of a Security Strategy and Governance Framework
- The ability to leverage the Enterprise Risk Management Practice in the organization for identification, analysis, treatment, and monitoring of Security Risks.
- To gain an understanding of the key tenets of developing and implementing a Security Program
- The parameters for designing, structuring, and maintaining the performance of Information Security Incident Management teams.